Monday, January 22, 2007

The Sinus Mandate.


In Loving Memory of Kirby.

1996-2007


I remember the year you came to us. A salesman brought you and showed you off, your skill, your maneuverability, your silent class. We took you, for a whopping $3000 and you became our very own butler. My parents charged you with the mandate of keeping dust at bay; you were supposed to keep me from getting bouts of sinusitis. I grew to love you over the years. You were a creature of class, you never ran- only walked, and your heavy handling was something we all got used to. I don't know when it was that your legs started to give you problems, but I remember we got that horrid french maid in. Oh, how I hated her sass and her colorful way of misplacing everything she bumped into. That OSIM mermaid, we got rid of her soon after, but your health continue to deteriorate. We hospitalised you in the closet where it was cooler and I closed the door on you for the last time in late 2006. That's when the green goblin came along. He ambushed me when I returned from Singapore for a holiday and I was unpleasantly surprised to see his brash self sitting smugly next to kirby. Who are you? Said I. He looked at me. I snarled back. As it turns out, the green goblin comes with a long, heavy yellow wire. I hate it. So I fought with it, while we were meant to be fighting dust together. What a tussle we had in the office, at the corners, behind doors and around corners. And it bit me till I bled, the horrid thing. I ran for the screwdriver and unhinged the teeth, and I fought and I screamed and wrestled. All the while I thought of Kirby, my good old butler, my gallant knight, my silent fighter against the wiles of the mini dirt. And though you haven't hacked your last, you are like a vegetable in your little corner and I love you best because you were a wonderful butler. One of these days, you'll come back to us and we'll get rid of that horrid green goblin, aye? He's a biter!



AAAARRRRRHGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRR. I'll get you you goblin. Just you wait!



P.s. they're all my vacuum cleaners. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home