Thursday, March 01, 2007

Occupational Hazards.


Becoming a speech therapist means that one becomes particularly attuned to other people's speech acts. This isn't beneficial when it means suffering varying side effects such as saying "hospital" instead of "hotel" (semantically, I assume it's because people live in those places). Of course, when I had to listen to an extended monologue from a particular personage with a lateralised S, I strained my ears and repeated words under my breath until I figured out what the problem was.


I told my father when he came home today that so-and-so had a lateralised S and he was like, "You mean they have a flat bum?"


*leng feng chui guo* Someone needs to write into the scientific community and edit some of these terms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home