Sunday, March 04, 2007

I was driving home after dropping Ger off, not thinking of anything much in particular when Savage Garden played on the radio. Crash and Burn is in my mind of a different era, and it brought back primary school & early secondary school memories. Although fuzzy, they've become a sweeter sepia that I enjoy with a greater deal of nostalgia than should be credited to them. It's amazing how much I associate with songs- people & stages in my life. It also shows how much older I've grown, that now when Gwen Stefani plays on the radio I think of cadbury chocolate.


I only just got home, my last late night of gallavanting before work starts to pile up. Dinner ended well, although Mundaring was a terribly far-away suburb, and going to the restroom was a cause for concern with Dark Corners everywhere. BUT, the pizza is really suberb- I recommend Jane's Addiction! My tummy recommends it too. Ger and I went to Ellie's to dryswim for a while and that was really relaxing because we could all just go whacky. With 20 odd people at the dinner table, one tends to try to maintain self-composure. After a while, that tends to get stuffy. So 5 girls in one house with Ellie's Blanket under the mahjong tiles was really nice.


I am really grateful to GerryBerry for her company and her endless humor. I don't want to think she'll be going back anytime soon. Babe, you're an awesome GalPal and I love you heaps!


Crash and Burn wasn't a big hit with me back in my younger years, but it certainly left an impression. This song reminds me always of my Art Soc President who was a fantastic still-life artist and probably could make her money that way. She was mad about Darren Hayes and I will never forget the time she actually got the chance to meet him! She was so excited and walked 5 feet above ground in school for weeks after the interview!


Then she reminds me of Xin Hui, who could probably make her money drawing manga. Then that reminds me of Joy Goh who reminds me off the concourse in school which reminds me of Mr. Joseph Tham and Tinky Winky, and that reminds me of the school notice boards and Joanne, and that reminds me of ZX and Liren and the school water coolers and that in turn reminds me of a whole heap of other things.


I feel like going back there for a while- just a short while just to feel what it feels like, but the past is one place I can't visit even if I had all the money in the world. And maybe that's why millionaires aren't happy people.


Crash and Burn


When you feel all alone
And the world has turned its back on you
Give me a moment please to tame your wild wild heart
I know that you feel like the walls are closing in on you
It's hard to find relief and people can be so cold
When darkness is upon your door and you feel like you can't take it anymore

Let me be the one you call
If you jump I'll break your fall
Lift you up and fly away with you into the night
If you need to fall apart I can mend a broken heart
If you need to crash then crash and burn
You're not alone

When you feel all alone
And a loyal friend is hard to find
You're caught in a one way street
With the monsters in your head
When hopes and dreams are far away and
You feel you can't face the day

Let me be the one you call
If you jump I'll break your fall
Lift you up and fly away with you into the night
If you need to fall apart
I can mend a broken heart
If you need to crash then crash and burn
You're not alone

Because there has always been heartache and pain
And when it's over you'll breathe again
You'll breathe again

When you feel all alone
And the world has turned its back on you
Give me a moment please
To tame your wild wild heart

Let me be the one you call
If you jump I'll break your fall
Lift you up and fly away with you into the night
If you need to fall apart I can mend a broken heart
If you need to crash then crash and burn
You're not alone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home