Monday, April 09, 2007

The Top-Hatted Woman


Listening to Mae and watering the garden is very therapeutic, especially since the sun has just set and the porch light makes funny shadows of me. I bend over and my hair obediently follows suit. Ta-dah! I have a top hat and my shadow looks suspishy. Like a runaway from a floating airy-fairy circus.


The tall leaves bend and sway with the force of the water, and the porch light makes everything look beautifully Christmas. These days, I think of family a lot. Mostly ma and pa, because they are so under-appreciated. For the sacrifices they have made have been continuous and the patience they've shown has been more invaluable. They have been such a lifeline.


I think of other family too. I think of my loyal prettiful daughter and my wonderful confidante husband. Did I mention, that you have a Brother in Mozambique, Rina? I have not written to him since Christmas, and I do feel a little guilty about that. Lao Gong's Birthday is coming soon, and whatever I am going to send will arrive late. So sorry, Lydia!


Meeting Captain Zak Arrow at 8 on the isles of Connor to negotiate parlay. Arrrr, better set sail, the weather looks choppy. Drink up me 'earties!


-Lady Pinkbeard

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home