Saturday, March 31, 2007

I was filling in my self evaluation checklist when I came to this question.

"What did the client/parent take away from the session?
The parent learnt that assertiveness and a firm tone are needed to provide efficient feedback, and that labeling the stutter would not suffice."


Then thought, what did my very young client take away from the session?

"The client took from the session a long-legged puppet made from two paper bags and 4 pipe cleaners poorly attached to the paperbags, which were laced with foam polka dots and two plastic eyes that rolled about in it's 2D head. It was very pretty."

Descriptive enough?

I went home and vented my artistic frustrations on paperbags and paper, making two pigs, one hippo and a species-confused bear. Doesn't anyone want to come and play?

Fridays have continued to prove cynicism-inducing. An ardent follower of freud, my enthusiatic lecturer tried hard to end the world by declaring love a form of transference. Transference is when you project the feelings you have for one person or relationship onto a new relationship simply because you see similarity from the previous relationship in the new one. Apparantly, that's love. When you love someone or are fond of them, it's because you were fond of someone before that reminds you of them. Ask, then, why the God of heaven would die for us, when we were the only race he made, the only beings he created in His likeness? He didn't have anyone to compare us with- He IS love. How the world has degraded this- reducing love to a result of unconscious mind-workings and response contingencies. Is this all love is? A phase, a fad, a regret, a drunken brawl? =(

I know I've been really awful these few days. Some of the things I say don't come out nice at all- I am so perturbed and mean and overworked. Cynicism 371 on friday isn't good for the soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home