Saturday, November 10, 2007

Attack of the Aunties.


I DID not achieve dreamless sleep. Instead, I woke, perturbed, to the sounds of aunties invading my house. I managed to avoid uncertain conversation until noon, when I had to get out of bed to study anyway. I was invaded about 5 times in 1/2 an hour, and their agenda did not change much each time. Most of them were asking me to come out to eat when the food was not ready (It's a ploy, I tell you). Auntification scares me. Cheek pinching scares me. And most of all, "Ger ah, wad coss u doing ah? Fers yer ah? Oh so big ah, going to finis ereddy ah?"


I ran away to the library (my mum flashed me a pitiful look) and went for BBT with zak and Denise at 4. Zak is planning the runaway properly now, but I managed to get it out of him that in the end, he planned to sell my body parts to the aunties to make kuay chap to get money for food (I don't smoke, my liver will fetch a healthy price).


"I thought we were friends!"
"We are! But until we run out of cash."


"Aunties are evil, just like green tea. You know? Green Tea. Aunt tea."


"Let your guard down and BAM! They'll have you in their little box."
"Is that why your shirt says 'guards' on it?"
"NO! Anyway, BAM! And they'll have you in their box."
"What box?"
"You know, that box they put you in."
"What are they going to do with me?"
"Experiment."
"They're going to teach me how to cook mee siam?"
"Worse. They're going to teach you to make porridge."
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"


"How can you do this to me? You can't turn me in! They are ruthless you know, when I am dead they will come after you and make you cook celery!"
"NOOO! I'll double cross them first!"
"Why are you doing this?"
"They offered me a lifetime supply of bubble tea."
"When I die they'll cut you off you know."
"That's why I said I would double cross them first."
'Whats the POINT? I'll be dead already!"
"You're """"bait"""""".
"Stop doing that, you make me think everything you say is a lie."
""""I""" """"don't lie""""".
"You're doing it again."
"I'll """""double cross"""""" them. You can just be """""bait""""."


Inspite of this (mostly my fault, i think), I managed to finish 1/2 of what I have to do. We ended up falling asleep on the table by 6.45. I looked out the window. And for the second time in 2 days, I felt normal. It's a big deal for me. Today was wonderful. Just turn up the volume, make notes, and jibber jabber. I felt so alone but not alone. And I'm so thankful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home