Sunday, December 16, 2007

Little superhero girl

Indeed, the warrior is a child.

Stretching is ALWAYS beyond your means. Do you think rubber bands knew they could be pulled across a chair? But once the stretching is done, it becomes within our means. One become more useful, contrary to the rubber bands, which are rather flaccid after the experience.

---
I did not see Him but I could hear His footsteps, urgent and angry as he gushed past air, sea, mind, sight. Already zoning in and out of consciousness, I was not fully aware of my redemption until He tore the blackness off me and it began to fight with Him. I turned, relieved, but I was shocked to see how angry He was. Fury was tangible in His step, His fist almost vicious- but it was His eyes, completely aflame with indignance that startled me. I knew He would come for me, but I did not expect Him to be this angry. For me. He was angry FOR me. And for a while, the blackness seemed to have pinned Him well down, and as it reached for it's poison, I knew He had planned it all along. He spotted that vulnerable moment and pounced unmercifully, vanquishing the blackness swiftly.

Did I once think that because He is the creator God that He has afforded Himself the luxury of lording over us? That when He comes to save us time and time again, all it involves is a flick of the wrist as one does to an ant? Do I imagine that my Lord is nonchalent in the completeness of His power to the point that He undermines our weakness? No, look at what He did- He wanted us. He fought for us. We were His great reward although He had no reason to want us other than that He already was hopelessly in love with us. It is His nature, not our merit that it is so.

And that is our great fortune.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home