Sunday, January 11, 2009

I don't know how I ever committed to keeping a blog.

Ger's blog post in October last year registered in my head but not in my heart. After my first 4 days at work, the issue has surfaced and I am so relieved someone else is jaded about work and life. I have been having strange dreams of needing to do work things, and feeling such a dread toward them, when they actually take up very little time (e.g. looking on a map). The harsh reality is that the thinker is extinct. While we thrive on information and make it our business, the more you think about something, the longer it takes to get done. While I have wholeheartedly committed to being an Epicurean all these years, I am beginning to think that perhaps it is child's play- and that work makes no excuse for emotion. The shift into existentialism has been forced. Not to mention advocated, probably, by certain important others.

Indo Mee is contagious, like a sickly, hair-falling disease. I have contemplated it all weekend and schemed. I am having some this morning, in hope that my metabolism will get rid of most of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home