Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Contrary to popular belief, I have not been too air-headed lately. My thoughts have amassed nicely, but I have not had time to amuse myself with them. Working life does funky things to your mind.

I still contantly wonder where this is all going- whether I will continue in this job, jump some sort of imaginary ship and swim with imaginary sharks, speak pirate english all my life, or turn into a real nerd-geek, complete with all 'the big bang theory' episodes and spending my weekend cash on laserquest.

It's not the worry concerning life direction that is a pending disaster, it's my inability to enjoy life one day at a time. I get tired of things so easily these days. I wonder if I've simply burnt out from uni? Like a patient with her psychologist, I lay in bed last night and decided to give life another go with more gusto. 

I shiver to think that this all sounds terribly earnest and innocently hopeful. Should I put up a mask as my disclaimer? I love being sarcastic and ragging the value of life. There, that should hold the cynics off for a while.

I did think about some things on the visits I made today. Enjoying a family life and having a home is one of the staples in contentment for some families. It doesn't matter if the child has a disability- lots of love still makes the world go round. And you would be surprised- it does.

On the other hand, playing the blame game doesn't help matters. The manly testosteroness nearly busted out of his veins as he screamed at his wife that she had made a mistake and now he had to fix it. Ouch!

Bubu and the bunch are headed home tomorrow. They are lovely boys and not a day too young.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home