Friday, January 23, 2004

I have been deprived of company my age for quite a bit now, resulting in the following results.

1. I have 3 kids, aged 4, 6 and 8 for entertainment and frustration.
2. Conversation in the house proceeds as follows. “Can I play BuBble bobble? Can I? Can I????”
“Can I hug you?” “no.” “I’m hungry” “No.” “Don’t DOOO that.” “Zoe!” “Jared!” “MOMMY!” “But I want to!” “It’s mine!” “MoMMeeeee” “Nicholas Ho! Stop Whining!”
3. I have regained my interest in toys. Like Lego.
4. Mt dreams have reflected a desire to be back in Singapore. I woke up one morning in Singapore for about 3 seconds, then realised I was on the floor of my Aunt’s house. The second time (this is worse) I dreamt I was enrolled in VJC and people were queuing up to buy uniform, which consisted of the skimpy black top Rach and Lyd got for me. Haha.
5. I have to nod when I see scribbling on paper. It looks nice, I said.
6. “I want to play Parrappa!!! I want to I want to!”  Nick. This game consists of seriously flattened 2d characters singing songs which, unfortunately, STICK IN MY HEAD! They are super lame. REALLY really lame. And the worst thing is that my dad got drift of this thing and started to sing the songs too. Vegetales over this anyday, anytime, anywhere, Thank you.

I got my uniform, and in the process met a malaysian girl from sarawak. Her name was melisa. Yes, melvin, MELISA. With one S. She has an elder brother called nicholas. Maybe he gave her that name too, do you think, melvin? Anyway, she’s very nice, and her homestay is like, half an hours’ walk from school. These Aussies are funny. What they say is a 10 minute walk turns out to be a 30 minute walk.

Anyway, when the uniform lady (she keeps calling me “love”.) found out what year I was in, she immediately tossed me a size 35. It was HUGE. I wear a 33, and I’m in year 12. This aussie girl who came in after me and Melisa was a year 10 student, and she was asking for a 38! (Melisa’s same size as me.) I wear a S for the p.e. uniform, and my jumper is a size 12. I shop in the children’s department. In the uniform shop, I wear lower school sizes. Cool.

However large you may imagine these Aussies to be, one might be surprised to find that they are very tall and a good number of them are very very pretty and slim and blessed with nice figures. I’m so short here. But the people here really give you incentive to stay small, because when you see the slim ones, you really want to look like that, and when you see the fat ones ,you DON’T wan to look like that.

Having waited 3 hours for my bank account to open, I got the card in 4 days, which was an improvement, I guess. (Singapore issues it on the spot!!) And so I went down to Woolworth’s to test it out. I stood there looking at the Bankwest branch, which was closed. (It was 5.30) (Oro) So this guy who does keys in the next shop looked at me and said, “ Are you looking for the ATM?” And I said yes. “Go straight, and make a left,” Said he. Then he watched as my face blossomed out into a smile. (Hardly anyone ever sees this. Either I smile or I don’t.) Then he winked at me. Aussies are so friendly. Later, my mom asked whether I asked the guy for information to find the ATM, but I told her, “Nope. He asked me.” So, here we go again. Oro!!!!

Rachel, can you please check this one out for me? I saw the book ‘The Elder gods’ by David and Leigh Eddings in a bookstore. It was light blue, hard cover, and going for $28.75 Australian bucks. It strikes me that you bought soft cover books of this sort before for around the same price. I wonder if it’s cheap here… I wish my school was starting! I am so sick of forgetting how to do maths and spell and all that sort of thing. I need to go to school! (Stationery’s expensive, by the way.) Give my regards to dearest topsy, I do miss him too, and say “Well, *sniffle huff* to you too.” To him for me.

Lydia… my step-cousin (Avril’s relation) gave me this book at the airport that’s called just friends by robyn Sisman. It has a really nice cover and I finished it not too long ago. It’s your kind of book, really, but without those yucky scenes. I thought it was kind of trashy but a little trash once in a while changes your writing style… How’s the monster manager and how’s the photos on the desk and how are the bratty sisters? (Trust me with these kids in the house, your sisters seem quite…. Docile.)

Avril… How is the TKGS bitching?? Haha.. see? That’s what happens when you go to a girl’s school. Anyway, e mail me if you need me ok?? Don’t let Tak Seng bully you. And don’t let Sotong bully you. Especially Sotong. Because Sotong is SOOO nice hor… SOOOOOOO nice. Did I mention I had Sotong for dinner?? Wait, I didn’t. I marinated it and put it in the freezer for tomorrow.

Sotong… Are you bullying Avril and Lydia? Do you still need me to help you get your girl? I can TRY... And I suppose you are a relatively suitable candidate. When you said NS, I got this image of you in a crew cut. *wide-eyes* Girls, can you imagine that?!?!?! *shock*

Shu… wah… sobz… I want to go back to AHS and bully my juniors. Like Edwin and Cheryl and Zhi min. But I don’t want to have to see any more Mrs. Goh *phew*. Speaking of which, girls, I saw a caucasian version of mdm chow in the supermarket today. Haha! Same stature (but taller), same sourpuss face, same stomach, and even the same gait! TwInS!!!!

Hahas... ok.. got to go test out my international caling card now... Good night!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home