Saturday, April 17, 2004

|16th April, Friday|
I finished reading mostly all recent blogs of Shu’s. They were very substantial indeed, and gave me immense satisfaction. Thank you, dearie, for giving me a piece of your life. I don’t know if it eases the pain of being homesick, or if I just remember more things, but I sure am comforted to know that I haven’t been thrown into a totally new place and the old loves and familiarity destroyed.

I don’t know about this, but Linus may be right to say that I’ve been hanging on to my past rather unhealthily. That doesn’t mean that I’m anywhere near letting go of it, but I really must try to make life here more substantial for myself. It seems surreal, sometimes. Like in certain instances, past blends with present, and I see things and feel things as if I were somehow in Singapore.

Like today on my sushi spree, I felt so comfy, so at home watching the sushi plates float by, the tamago, maki, unagi, tempura and taiyaki. I watched them like a child watches ants march by, with more a look of tranquility than one of excitement. It was like I found a little of the niche I had made for myself in Singapore back here.

|17th April, Saturday|
I spent the whole day at home. Yesterday night was fun, though. We had a youth meeting called intentsity. That’s where all the uni students gather. We has to do this skit to explain the name of our cell group. There’s this part where Brian is supposed to jump up beside me and say something, but in one of the rehearsals, he stepped on my foot accidentally. Then his reaction was, “Owww….” And everybody started laughing. Jac said, “Wait… U stepped on her foot, then You said oww??”

Today, however, I wasn’t laughing. Because I spent the whole day at home. I was really quite depressed. At some points, I had to struggle a lot with letting go of my situation. (The you know what sticky situation) I had to quit worrying about what was going to happen, when it was going to happen and if it was going to happen. I had to just STOP THINKING ABOUT IT. Really, I should get out of the house more.

There’s another week to go for holidays, and I’m done with holiday homework. All that leaves is holiday studying and planning, which I have not touched at all. Sighz. Australia has taken its toll on me. I’m getting lazy.

I know all of you are slaving like crazy over there. Wish I was too. Well, the grass is always greener on the other side of the lake, I guess.

Shuling arh… Haven’t seen you online in recent times, but I have been thinking about you… and also what you said. I’m really praying that things will work out for you. You know, when I compare your situation and all that has happened in your life, I really feel that God has worked miracles and kept you not only safe, but made you even more beautiful. Now, I wish I could say the same for some people… sighz.

Rachel dearie… How’s the confusion over the whatchamacallit tkd thing? By the time This is posted online, I think I would have found out on your blog. Haha. Stupid question, then. Poor thing. I know you have been super stressed, and are super stressed… just hope you can take a breath of fresh air and HU XI… or hussy, as the saying goes. I wonder how he is, that dear old grandpa… Hwa chong, again for him, I heard. Anyway, make sure you drink lots of water, don’t chop people up, watch more anime, study less, think about me more and remember to feed the dog. Oh yes, and remember to write to me.

I haven’t heard from Lydia much. How are you dearie?? Life at the singtel thingy thingy still bad har?? Wish I could be there. Wish I could go to church with you. When I go back to Singapore, things won’t be the same anymore. I think that will be another major reality check and I really hate to think about that. I won’t be in the same house, I won’t have the same kind of schedule, you won’t have the same kind of time to spend that we used to have… We’ll all have new friends. I can’t pretend anymore that life is the same. It really really hurts. I guess it helps, though, that we still feel the same about each other.

It’s 223 days till I can return to Singapore, and 35 days till dad comes down. I will work hard and do my best in the exams, and I hope time will fly faster than it already is. Gambatte!

Speaking of which. People who wish to meet me when I get back to Singapore… please check your calendars between the 23rd of November and the 27th of December. I’M COMING HOME!!!!!!! If you’re free, MUST call me, okok?? Rachel and Lydia… Might wanna tell 4c people and some of the 4j people I know as well as Alison and those people, who are just fantastically wonderful. Shu will be on holiday liaoz… and so will avril. Will Sotong be in NS???

Muahahaha… ALVIN set up me mom’s outlook express… MUAHAHAHAHA! Yahoo!!!! Yay.. great achievement. And by the look of LC’s msn nick, he’s sick. Haiz. Sadsad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home