Saturday, November 19, 2005

[funky blue rabbit]


I have a funky blur rabbit on my desk. I got it from Isetan last year, and bonus! He even hangs my scrunchies!


I've reverted to coco lee songs to do my work.. And I've just fallen in love with a chinese song! (Sara? chinese? Huh????) It's called jing tian dao yong yuan. But I can't find the lyrics on the net! Hmm hmm.


I cleverly decided to do my notes by hand.. I ended up with 36 pages of foolscap. Ow. And I finally found the article I needed online.. *evaporates*


HYAHYAHYAH. Only 13 days till I go back to SG! I await the privelege of colonising pink bacteria and phish in the same agar plate. =)


I have a new theory on why people like me become OCD at certain times of the year; i.e. exam time. This theory hypothesises (H1) that people who are stressed feel like they need to be more in control, and thus, they resort to organising the minute areas of their life. My desk. My Filing system. My library books. My skincare? Anyway, the null hypothesis (H0) says that I should not find any difference in OCD tendencies. I shall use a repeated measures t-test. My only problem is that I have no participants for this experiment.. Scrap that. Ok, that was my tribute to Research Methods 112, which is now over. No more allgone byebye!


Next year, I'm going to meet a disordered child for placement. And I'm extremely intrigued and excited! I thought about the Hyperlexic that Cori talked about, and I couldn't help having notions about Savant's Syndrome and movies like 'House of Cards'. Hyperlexics are children who have the amazing ability to read written word, but have no idea what they mean. How cool is that? They usually have some sort of other impairment, which makes it all the more bizzare. It's like you reading arabic fluently without knowing what you're reading. Makes you wonder, huh.. Maybe someday we'll find a way to unlock these kids and they can go to school just like normal kids.. Heh. I found myself paying attention to only 2 things in my lecture notes: narratives and bilingualism. You should read the stories kids write! Amazing.


Mmm.. finding myself to be less, well, normal lately.. I think the exams are wearing me out.. Well, only till Wednesday, and I'm free!


So many books I want to buy from Koorong.. aaaaah.. how to choose???? =)


[I'll be around when every candle burns down low]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home