Friday, April 14, 2006

Bloodbath.


I saw it all; felt it all. It happened so slowly, but was over before you could breathe in. An instantaneous cutting, slashing that was so intent and vicious I wanted to gag. I smelt the blood and my senses began to dull. The pain set in late, I thought. I began to choke. The weight of my own body pulled me backward, and I felt myself falling as life oozed out of me... Doesn't matter, I thought.. This is it; I'm too tired to care...


When I woke it took me a good three seconds to realise that I was hanging precariously over a ledge and another five to discover that I was conscious. I looked up and saw a window. Was I dead? Wasn't I dead? What happened to should and shouldn't? My body began to relax, and I realised that around my wrist was the thinnest piece of scarlet thread you could imagine. It ran up from my hand into the window, and I was wracked with sobs as I realised what had saved me.


A single scarlet thread. A promise from the ever faithful to straying faithless.


That's who you are.
I don't want to forget that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home