Friday, October 19, 2007

Surrender to the magic of simplicity


I did the same thing as Rachel. I woke up on time and decided to leave for the lecture late. Can you imagine how unmotivated I must have been? Yes, I was 7 minutes late as well. But it's all good. She finished up last week's lecture and started on ethics. It was so interesting!


Speech Pathologists cut a little too close to eugenics still, for my liking. But then, so does everyone. They just don't get the chance to exercise the right, is all. And prostitution. I don't think it's warranted to receive services just because people are mentally and physically disabled! In a developmental setting, client autonomy is not established- cannot be established. And thus being the case, what right does any caregiver have to expose them to STDs and well as other forms of morally questionable things? Just because he has "needs" doesn't mean he knows what they are, or that you need to give in to him because he is an invalid. Nothing unvalidates an already invalid person like that.


The quality of death of a person is another thing to look at as well. Which is rather neglected.
I am feeling peckish. Very very peckish. But I don't know for what. I don't have the time or money to be peckish. I am really truly broke for the month- I have $2 in my wallet and that is IT.


Anaphylaxis. It was the word I was searching for on Saturday last. It is a highly relevant word even now. Anaphylactic shock. be careful. of allergens. In whatever form they come. Especially you, Sarah Wong!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home