Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Lady Laugh-a-lot


Odear. Today has been a day of side splitting laughing. Plus green button cuteness.


I took M to the photocopy machine today while doing assessments and "i lubb greean" came up as usual. So I showed him the green photocopier button and he watched as I worked it, fascinated out of his small little brain and googly eyes. He is just cute. He stared flabberghasted as the papers reeled out by the tens and couldn't believe his ears when I let him press the green copier button. "it's greeean" and he used the purple pirate to press the button. The papers reeled. M stared. And a tiny finger reached out to touch the freshly printed sheets. "It's.. hoooot!" We collected my papers and walked back to class, hand in hand. Can i bring him home please? He's just so full of wide eyed wonder. I need to remember to be filled with wide eyed wonder. He would help me remember. Small fingers, big eyes. And always willing, always smiling. I want to be like that.


The side splitting started in a lecture. You should never go to other people's lectures. You will never be able to take the unit seriously enough to listen as a sombre student should, inspite of idiosyncrasies. In this case, however, the reaction was much worse than expected. D had already warned me that the lecturer was a heavily accented Japanese man. I walked in thinking, "I've met japanese people. should be fine." I nearly backed out of going to the lecture in the first place because I thought it would be SO obvious that I was a random. But I went anyway. And in the first 15 seconds I was gripped with involuntary convulsions that I tried very hard to stop so that I wouldn't be noticed! He was talking about 'conflict' and it ended up sounding like 'cornflake'. And the rest of his speech is easy to tune out because it doesn't register straight away. So all i heard was 'cornflake cornflake'. and this seriously, for some unknown reason, cracked me up like nothing else la. I wanted to burst out laughing like no tomorrow. I scribbled on a notepad to D," don't provoke me. If not, I will laugh and then how? He will know i am not meant to be here." Then I turned to pretend to rummage in my bag, all the while convulsing with the need for uncontrollable laughter. When I calmed down enough to return to an upright position, D had written "internal cornflake". HELP ME LA. HELP ME HELP YOU CAN? And I bent back over the side of my chair pretending to have lost nothing. I think people probably thought I was mad. And I JUST COULD NOT STOP WANTING TO LAUGH. Then the lecturer said something like "sauces (sources) of cornflake". By that time, I was sober enough to remain upright and deadpan. BUT I SO WANTED TO LAUGH CAN!


My papa is super cute.

Today after dinner he said he wanted to eat cheese. So he went to get 4 thick slices of cheddar.
mom: SO MUCH?
dad: not a lot what.
Me: uhuhuh i want. (I take one, mum takes one, leaving him with 2/4 of the original)
Mum: Must tax you la.
Me: The tax is worse than Australian Govt tax can? 50% lei.
Dad: Yalor
Mum: It's for your own good ok.
Dad: That's what Howard would tell me too. *sulks*
ROFL!!!!!!!


The other incident was the dancing one. I asked my parents to learn the swing steps.

Dad: I have two right feet
Me: Two right feet don't make a wrong.
Dad: I have two left feet la.
*mum walks away to throw something away*
Dad: See, she left me.
Dad: Now i am left behind.
Mum: Haiya! don't be a rascal.
Dad: *farts*
AAAAAAAAH. And you ask me why I like punny witty men????? I've lived with one for 20 years!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home