Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"Just the way you are."


Don't go changing, just to please me, right? What happened to good old Billy Joel? Gone are the times when love songs were sincere, honest, earnest. Esther and I still have plans to use that song at our weddings (no we are not getting married twice. Esther one, Sara one, ok?). I suppose it is one way of holding on to the things we want, instead of letting the world tell us what we want.


What does the world think I want? "If you strip you can get a tip, cos i like you just the way you are." I laughed so hard when Rachel sent this to me *wiggles eyes*. Sending rubbish both ways around is just a fun way of laughing at the world. But when I sat down to think about it, I lost all respect for Timbaland. Does he think it's funny that "just the way you are" refers to, in his mind, nudity? Yes, I see the vague pun and the mockery. All in all, however, it merely reflects the sad degredation of society. Good clean fun is square. The more crude, the better.


But being the optimists we are, we'll make the best of a bad situation and just keep right on sending each other rubbishy lyrics for kicks. babypookins!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home