Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Mexximum Acceleration


Mexx has come to Scotland. His hairball antics tyranically reach out like pollen, and Scotland welcomes with little enthusiasm his spore. But he will win them over, Mexx wins everyone over. Unless you have allergies.


Tussle


We tussle today.
I, with my green, nauseous stomach and empty/full heart.
He, with his sovereignity and grace in two different bottles.
We tussle, my lion and I.
I end up on the couch, on my knees, beat, face down, tears streaming.
He was gentle, but firm, so fierce, but so comforting.
How does one chastise and cuddle at the same time?
Only He can perform the emotional gymnastics of that.
It is so beyond a human.
But I am back to where I started.
No, not really.
I spent the afternoon doing what I should: writing mum's stuff.
Soon it will be time to cook.
Am I dismal? (I am a damsel, does that count?)
I don't know.
Maybe if I cock my head at just the right angle,
I will be able to see the pattern, the irony of this all.
And laugh at things I don't understand.


I wrote about obedience, reverence and boldness in asking for the thing my mum wanted. Hmm. I struggle with the first two and I don't dare the third. What a silly goose. Live out before you write, is that the cost?


Those men who lust for land
And for riches strange and new
Who love those trinkets of desire
Oh they never will have you

And they'll never know the gold
Or the copper in your hair
How could they weigh the worth
Of you so rare?

You don't have glass bones like me, you can knock against life
If you let this opportunity slip away,
then, as time goes by .
it's your heart that will become .
as dry and fragile
as my bones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home