Saturday, December 29, 2007

Remember to lose luxury


1. Today has enough troubles of its own. When it becomes too hard, just live a day at a time, a moment at a time, a second at a time. When the luxury of planning is forgone, remember that it is simply that- a luxury. It's not necessary when you lover/father/king/friend holds the master blueprints.
2. Trust God. Not His word, His ways, His works, His direction, or even His attributes. Trust simply Him. There is a difference- putting trust in His direction is a luxury, putting trust in Him is a sign that He desires intimacy, and that I must try to give it.
3. Desire to survive/live. That is all it takes. I don't need to have the strength to survive, I don't need to feel capable- that is the luxury. I need to know why I can still breathe- I must remember all that is required is an SOS, the strength is His to give. "help me" is the truth. Joy brings untold amounts of strength and He is my joy. I am the child who learnt to ride a bike while He pushed me in balance this whole time and I didn't know it. Now that I know how to hurt myself, I insult Him by suddenly realising that He is steering me, and that I am not sure whether it is ok when He has been doing so for more than 20 years.


The luxuries must die
I must choose my priorities.
Him, or me.
That's always hard isn't it?
Paul struggled with that too


But big girls don't cry.


Daddy, elbow healer, secret keeper.
I will be still and know that you are God.

---

Habakkuk 3:16

"I heard and my heart pounded, my lips quivered at the sound; decay crept into my bones, and my legs trembled. Yet I wait patiently for the day of calamity to come on the nation invading us."

Habakkuk 3:19

"The Lord God is my strength, and He has made my feet like hinds' feet, and makes me walk on my high places"

The seeds of an overcoming life are found in today's victories.
Let not my prayer be "Let me be such and such"
But rather "Give me today my daily bread."

Matt 6:34 speaks of tomorrow's salvation coming tomorrow.

He spoke to me twice about the same thing and in such a clear and tender way.
He is the God who shook the earth, made mountains crumble, nations tremble.
Habakkuk asks, "Were you angry with the rivers, O Lord?"
"Was your wrath against the seas?"
So how come I can be friends with such a God?
How come I am unafraid?
Then in the same way,
I cannot be afraid of man.
What can man do to me?
What can God do to me?


Fear God, not man.

Thank you, father.
No words can explain you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home