Thursday, July 03, 2008

"Just remember, head lice never killed anyone."- CL


Tomorrow is my last day at the hospital and I am going to miss everyone dreadfully. Some have already expressed dismay at my departure, and others are not so aware of tomorrow's significance. Either way, there have been a many-plenty memories made in this place, huge and unforgettable learning experiences I really enjoyed and most of all, the faith of humankind in one another, on one hand having no choice, and on the other doing it's best to hold out for another human being. That's what working together is. And amidst the turf wars and rat race fighting, a solemn truce is the niche I've finally discovered- working for the benefit of someone else.


Goodbye's the saddest word I'll ever hear. "So I'm not going to see you when you go" were words that I had to let go of because they weren't good for me. But my heart broke too when I saw her confusion and grief over everything. You should never get attached to work. And if you do, learn to put it back down where it belongs.


The lustre of progress, the dispair of stagnancy- the perfectionisms of the independent woman in high heels. This job has its yays and nays but through it all it is God who has been faithful to see me thus far and tomorrow I pray He will see to it that I am passed.


Work seems easier than life at this point. Much easier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home