Friday, January 22, 2010

A New Era

I had stopped thinking for so long that by the time it was time to say goodbye, the feelings had set in and a stampede of thoughts suddenly burst through the door. For 3 weeks I was numb, enjoying the January peace of the office, enjoying the social time we had left. I shopped with Foong and took rides from her. We shared asian lollies that I bought in for the snack corner. I wrote up all my notes and handed everything in. I said goodbye to Pete.

Steve (who says anything for a nice girl like you) released access to my new office and did not close off access to Joondalup 'just in case i wanted to come back'. Maggie said a lovely goodbye, Jane emailed and Steph texted. It's not been easy to trust this move. And on the way home I couldn't hold it in anymore. I cried and cried and the Lord came near to me. He said, "I am the God that prunes". One branch must die for a good one to grow, and it isn't always the bad things we get to wave goodbye to.

I have thoroughly enjoyed myself in the north and I am not too sure about South's enthusiasm thus far. However, I am thoroughly convinced that this is a move of God- whether His plan is to grow me or spread me further out, this is part of it all.

Everyone rocked up for tea and cake (I had a berry cup!) and I got a LOVELY cake decorating book and two sets of piping equipment as well as a whopping big card to say farewell.

It hurts so much to say goodbye because today I discovered I love you.
"Well", He said, "Go and love the new people too then."
So I said yes.

No more fear
and no whinging either this time.

Thank you for everything, Northies. You mean so much to me and I will be thinking of you often. It's hard to say goodbye because my first job has been a dream come true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home