Tuesday, May 25, 2004

In this place, things have a weird way of going arouind and stabbing you in right back in the back, even when you've politely told them to go away and not come back. They return on a different arrow, in a different knife, and as soon as you turn around, it gets you again. Really, it's quite annoying to have to remove the weapon sticking into you and tell it to go away. If you were smart, you'd stay away yourself. Still, it's not that easy to get out of range, or so I found. After a while, you begin to wonder if fierce confrontation, or as Luke Shywalker would say, "Aggressive negotiation," is in order. Unfortunately, that has cons as well, and I'd usually retire with just an evil look or feigned indifference; they would never have the satisfaction of seeing me wince.
And on those dreary afternoons when everything just needs to go wrong, and fixing one thing would just about take the whole day, I'd stand on my head and blink, so that the worl would look right for a while at least. Turn it upside down so I can see!

Exams are tomorrow, lasting till the 4th of June. Not a bad thing, really. They help the days to pass faster. Dire predictions have been made for the weather- 3 degrees tomorrow. I don't know what I'm going to do sitting in the exam hall, freezing cold. Was Switzerland all that fun in the cold Rach? Even with the jolly nice British instructor?

I have to memorise some quotes now- it's getting late but the house smells of coffee, and I've actually had some, more's the pity. Dreadful stuff, caffeine, but it tastes great.

I think my sudden fatigue has something to do with the 40 minute jog I had today. Congratulate me girls, I'm fit but Fat. So sadd....

I hope the spas aren't un-relaxing you, rachel. I have to say, it's easier to write fast in the heat than in the cold. Be glad when you sweat. ha.

Looks like wherever we go we meet rachels, don't we? I have one here, and Lydia has one in her office, and Rachel has one to herself all the time. I think it's a basic necessity of life?!?! Own a Rachel. Or Phish. Should really do something about the corporate blog thingy. I will, soon...

Well well, going off to read my English things. I think math is less taxing. It depends. I don't think Rachel wants to comment on that.

Good nitez all! (and sotong still chao tar. Kogetakoyaki)

p.s. had my jap speaking test and earned myself a very nice C+. At least it's a pass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home