Friday, May 21, 2004

|You are forever in my life|
|You see me through the seasons|
|Cover me with your hand|
|And lead me in your righteousness|
|And I look to you|
|And I wait on you|
|I’ll sing to you Lord, A hymn of love|
|For your faithfulness to me|
|I’m carried in everlasting arms|
|You’ll never let me go|
|Through it all|
|Hallelujah|

Haven’t blogged for ages. Think I used up all my writer’s juice. However, still being grammatically capable and very literate indeed I think I’ll pen (or type) something that will hopefully be readable.

I’ve been so dead creatively. I think creativity is produced in a special organ we have, that periodically malfunctions and the juice we need runs dry for a while. Then it comes spurting back to life and creativity overflows at the worst possible times, i.e. during stress periods. This year not being a particularly academically challenging one, I don’t think I’ll be doing any writing pieces just yet.

I watched Pirates of the Carribean. Again. That’s the third time this year. Last year, I watched it twice. And Johnny Depp certainly hasn’t lost his charm.

Been a little snappy all week. I think it has a really terrible effect (durhz) on most things and people around me, even stationery. (orange pen is scratchy.) And the worst thing is that I’m, well, not thinking about the things that bug people a lot. Like life’s lessons and what’s to be learnt and how do you really feel etc etc. I just carry on like normal, not really thinking about how I feel or what I should do about it and all that sort of thing. I think it’s good, and I have my down days but it’s been so much better since I made my decision and not initiated conversation where I should not have.

However, the memories have gotten worse, and the longing to go home has gotten even worse. Some days I reach the house and I say, I want to go home! Is that such a horrid thing to ask? The superficiality of life here is astounding, but also very painfully pretentious. Somebody told me today that I wasn’t looking very good. How was I doing by the way? And I said I was fine and he said, “No you’re not.” And the funny thing is that I am fine. And I know I’m fine. But I do want to go home and if people would just do things the Singapore way, that would be nice, thank you very much. That really is to much to ask. But then, I am quite unreasonable. The funny thing is that when you feel like you’re losing it, you’re not. You’re still sane, still every bit as capable as before and still able to fight back and move on. And I will. Nothing is going to stop me from getting what I want- an unreasonably high score in the exams and a full month back home. And I won’t survive this year. This time, I’m coming out ON TOP.

Daddie is coming tomorrow! And I’m hoping that he will really enjoy himself here. I don’t really wish to say anything more about how I feel about this place because it’s a little too blatant and it’s getting overly blunt.

Ok, I think I’m just spouting rubbish again. When I feel like there’s something nicer to say I’ll say it then. If not, I’ll just shut up now.

Ah. An attribution to pms could be made here. Perhaps I am not solely responsible for today’s crankiness. Give credit where it’s due.

Dear friends, if love were all that mattered, I’d come straight home in a second. All the same, I love you anyway. No less, maybe more.

Daddy will be here soon…

It never rains but pours.

p.s. nearly posted my hw as my blog entry. That would be interesting, huh?

+Turn it upside down, cos I'm standing on my head+

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home