Saturday, May 08, 2004

ShOuT It OuT: He DrIvEs My RiDe!

Haii… just came back from my jog. Today’s was really really good. Half an hour isn’t turning out to be much of a strain anymore. Maybe I should increase?? Heh. Shouldn’t run the risk of turning into Patsy and running 10 click at a go, hey?

NiWaEs… I had a pretty productive day… I think. Hmm. I did about half my homework and I jogged and I WATCHED RANMA. Yes, that definitely counts for productivity. I want to thank Okami-san for the kind technical support in recording the vids for me… I like my bishonen!!! Thank you!

Hai. Japanese is getting tougher and I really think I should consider dropping by the end of term?? That’s in 9 weeks now… And I think it’s a crying shame, because I like it so much. I won’ t drop it just yet, anyway. Just a random passing thought. Nothing serious.

I wended to school today for the chemistry seminar, taught by none other than P. Beveridge. I ponned halfway because I couldn’t stand the dreadful way he was going… “You look intelligent. Give me a number.” And “You there, you’re smart, tell me why.” And I really wanted to sleep because it was all the basic fundamentals of what had been taught in recent times. Poor Shah and Grant sat in front and they kena the most shots from dear old P. Beveridge. They don’t really mind him much, I think. But I must give him credit. He’s a decent teacher, if not desperately annoying. At least his fly isn’t down all the time, ne, MiTsUkA-san???

Just wanna tell everybody… 2 weeks more!! And my daddiekins will be down! Yeah! *confetti flies* Be happie pple!! I think it’s about 199 days till I go back to Singapore. I’ve lost count. When you’re counting down from a 3 digit number, it’s not that easy to remember it as the days click by. I like to let it click, then count again at a later date. Time seems to pass faster that way… heh. The only problem is that I’m too lazy to count the days once I let it slide. Sighz. The trauma of being a slacker.

Carolyn came in with a tee for lectures that said, “Slackers Inc.” I want to join! Oh, and I finally started to unpack. I found JC, though. Still as tagged and noted as ever, doggie eared and all. (Only PhIsH and LyD would know.)
Brutus, thou sleep’st; awake and see thyself.
Shall Rome and &c. Speak, strike, redress.

Or shall I say Aku Soku Zan? Hah. They would have fared better if not for too much ‘honor’ (or rather, pride) blocking their view. Killing Antony would have made things so much easier. Why am I still analyzing this? It’s may already! 4 months to forget my Cassius… But I haven’t.

And whether we shall meet again I know not.
Therefore our everlasting farewell take.
For ever, and for ever, farewell, Cassius.
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not ‘tis true this parting was well made.

And do remember the pessimistic ‘yes’ to a decent dinner invitation. “Ay, if I be alive, and your mind hold, and your dinner worth the eating.” Casca’s a grouch, but I love him anyway, just like I love Oscar.

These days have been pretty Blah, because exams are coming around. It starts on the 26th of May, 4 days after pops is down. Haiz. I hope I’m prepared. My calculus sucks. I think I may pass this last test but I can’t be sure. That’s how much I’ve deteriorated without a good teacher. Halp.

Oh! I forgot to explain my title right? Heh. WhOoPs. That’s cus Jesus is the one in control of my life. Mom used to tell me not to let fear or anything else drive my ride, and not to drive it myself, see? (with my bad sense of direction… chotto…) So I have to let God drive my ride! Which reminds me of something. Today we talked about stepping into the Jordan’s water while having faith. And that it would have taken just about an hour for the water to recede from where it was, 16 miles upstream where the water stopped. That means the Israelites must have had to step waist deep into water before seeing anything happen. That takes faith. So I learned that even though nothing great might be happening around me, it might take a while. And I’m comforted to know that God drives my ride.

Harh. Got something funny to tell u Rachel and Lydia. Only problem: You need to see me and hear me at the same time for it to be funny. Haiz. NVM. Bug me when I get back to SG. It’s really really funny.

I’ve been trying to get Andrew to teach me weird stuff in Japanese. But I can’t remember what he’s taught me. His GF is Jap, so he knows quite a bit. But I remember this: kuru kuru Pa! Take a shot. Tell me what you all think it means.

Hahas. I’ve got a new name. It’s really lame. Girls, mom calls me ‘Elementary’ now. I’m sure daddie knows the story. When mom unpacks, she can’t find anything. So she asks me. So I find it. Always. (well, except today when I couldn’t find the motar.) And so it’s ‘Elementary, my dear Watson.” My mom is Watson. Cos I told her I wasn’t Watson, I was elementary. So lame. Very very Lame. I’m Elie for short now. “Go take a bath Elie. Put away your clothes Elie.” Heh heh. When pops comes down he can be Holmes. This is lame. But it’s ok, cos it’s ME!

Rachel Chan commented about me the way LC used to (stupid v word), but in a feminine and polite way. I wonder… why do people notice? Is it something people usually notice? Because I don’t really notice it much about other people, do I? Maybe I do. I mean, when we go shopping in Singapore there’s the occasional “WhOa NeLlY”. Then we’re like, yeah, whatever. So she has it. So what. I’m happy the way I am. Heh.

Keke. I like my new speed CD that came all the way from good ol’ pops in SG. I know I know… Stereotyped jap gals, you say. I know. But I like them. And I think their English pronunciation needs work but they ARE a nice group. I prefer whoever sang ‘can you keep a secret’, though.

Well. Must go bathe now. As Rachel would say, “I stink.” And so I’ll leave you with the words of Phillipa Gordon from Anne of the Island.

I really must fly now! Bi bi, my two old fashioned darlings!

Wait… that’s not right. No offence girls!! *tee hee*

*giGgLeS* *GrInNzz* *I LoVe Me!!!* *I LoVe YoU GiRlS!* *AnD DaDdIe ToO* *oh. SoToNg is ok lar* *MeLvIn Too*

WhEEeEeeeEee!!! Think I had a tad too much tea this morning. Ta ta, darlings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home