Wednesday, September 07, 2005

[Tinsel Crowns]


" Among the plastic saints of our times, Christ has to do all the dying and all we want is to hear another sermon about His dying...

No cross for us, no dethronement, no dying. We remain king within the little kingdom of Mansoul and wear our tinsel crown with all the pride of a caesar; but we doom ourselves to shadows and weakness and spiritual sterility."


Tozer



So true, so guilty, and if the Lord wills, change me...

My plastic world is breaking down, I cannot live in my barbie doll world any longer. I'm growing older, yet it seems not fast enough. Scorned for my youth perhaps. Not everyone realises that I am actually serious, that seventeen does have her head on, and I know I have been judged for it. I am deeply deeply unspeakably grateful for those who DO know me, and who love me anyway. But I cannot back down from the promise I've made, nor from the promises that have been made to me. A look in the enigmatic looking glass will tell, if you choose to look carefully, to look hard and look well.


Questions raised, and the fear I scorn in myself threatens to peek out. But today I'm not backing down. God help me say this more often when I should! And God help me to be humble when I need to confess shortcomings. God give me more wisdom, please, only you know how much I really need it. I knew what I was going to face when I committed myself to this, I knew much of it would be internal. And the battle has just begun, when my armor is barely on. But I went into this telling myself I WANT to fight this, I WANT to overcome this, so I really should not tire of it so quickly, ne? Taking courage in this, and not letting my weaknesses be despised, although it is so human to do so:


"But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things- and the things that are not- to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him. It is because of him that you are in christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God- that is, our righteous, holiness and redemption. Therefore, as it is written:" let him who boasts boast in the Lord."

[1 Corinthians 1: 27- 31]


[I'm glad you know me inside out]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home