Monday, March 19, 2007

Hip Mo' Toast @ The Circus/ Circular Park

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The Jazz festival on the 180307 was awesome. It will be the last gig I attend with Ger in a while, and while that thought is a pretty sad one, I love that it was just us two and that we were able to go for something so awesome before she leaves. I love all these pictures- so whimsical and the truth is, whenever these gigs come around, they leave an air of surreal dreamyness that makes life very sweet.

We couldn't find the place at first. No one in Burswood seemed to know where The Circus, or Circular park, was. Some little birdie (Esther's Sean) told us it was off Vic Park Rd. So we hunted for a good 45 minutes in the hot sun before finding it. But boy was it worthwhile. The big 14 piece band was playing, with 3 trumpets, 2 trombones, 3 saxes, 1 bass sax, 1 bass, 1 pianist and one drummer. How awesome Libby was on vocals as well! And she's pregnant! She looks about 6 months on, and to sing for about 2 hours like that is pretty awesome.

Jesters, Clowns and Mime Artists were the unsuspected attendees that made the gig so pleasant. The atmosphere was surreal. It was a posh residential area, complete with snooty overpriced cafe and water fountain to boot. The Mime Artist spoke to us after the show, and we found in him a nice, placcid gentleman, soft spoken and bright eyed. Darrian was a schoolteacher in Ireland for a while, and he had come back to perth to make his living as a Mime artist because he made more money that way than being a school teacher! Some evil scottish person stole him from us, and we had to go because the hot sun was rendering us goo by 4 pm. So Ger and I stole off, intoxicated with the wonder of this surreality.

So I gleefully uploaded my pictures, and I'm getting ready for two days of non-uni (my weekend starts tomorrow). It's peaceful now, albeit a little noisy outside. My Dino is making cute little snoring noises and his rythmic breathing is quite tranquil. I'm glad he's asleep, and it's nice that I get to spend time with him in this funny way because we are so far apart. I don't think people on the same piece of land get to do this. snore away, dino.. it's the sweetest sound I've heard all day. =)

To my cuddlefishpop: I'm glad you're still alive and kicking! I missed you lately and I was wondering if you had really become completely enamoured with the Tboys. Wahaha. How is it, living the high society life with them in tokyo? Are you going to sing me a song about living there? *winkwink* I wonder if you know how they live in tokyo....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home