Monday, January 31, 2005

*-[PiCtuReS]]`+
Pictures. I have one image that stays in my mind, and it comes back to me once in a while. It's a picture of a little girl with short, light colored hair, who isn't more that 6 or 7, standing with her worn and ancient teddy bear in the throne room of a king. She is barefoot, and her clothes are but rags, and you can see the dirty smudges on her face and arms. Her toes curl, and she is uncomfortable about being in such a majestic place in her present state. Even at that age she understands what it means to be presentable before a king. The throne room stands in a open space concept. Behind the profile of the beggar girl there are pillars, and from where the room is viewed the floor is smooth and tiled, with colors in between the tiles. The great door from which the child entered is closed, but she doesn't turn to look. Focus on the King. He is seated in finery and majesty, yet his throne is not overloaded with wealth or jewels. His splendour comes not so much from the way he is dressed or from what one can see from the outside, but rather it is his presence that invokes awe. His face is soft. An amazing humility flows forth from him, he is the most important person on earth but yet he is approachable. He holds all power on earth in his hands, and you know it. You KNOW it. He is elevated above all else, and yet he's never been closer to his people. That's what this girl knows. And that's why she's stopped looking at her feet. She's enamoured by him. He smiles. And suddenly the teddy bear drops. And just as it hits the floor, she's in his arms. She's raced across the marble tiles and jumped. He laughed, and it doesn't matter where she's from or how dirty she is. He loves her more than anything else in the world.

So it is with me and my king. My Jesus. The lover of my soul, who's given so much for me. I remain the beggar girl who has only herself to bring... And he, my king, who gives everything. I love him but he loves me more. And I stand in Awe. Thank you Jesus... for wanting me... who's so small and worthless... but you love me like I'm worth everything...and you showed me that you did when you really gave it all up for me. I wanna give what I have to you, which isn't much but I know that's what you want. Because in my weakness you are stong, and that's when the world sees your glory.

*-[[I LOVE YOU JESUS]`+

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home