Monday, March 14, 2005

*-[Ingroups and Scapegoats]`+
I've been reading stuff in my textbook and trying to take notes. It's not going very well, and that's why I'm here again. And to make me look even more insane, I'm going to post bits of my textbook. ahaha. The joys of a sdren. I'm see-rye-ous. Well, no.
"All good people agree
and all good people say
All nice people like us, are We
And everyone else is They
But if you cross over the sea
Instead of over the way
You may end by (think of it)
looking on We
As only a sort of They."
-Rudyard Kipling, "We and They,"1926
well, I suppose it was very related to the topic... which was about ingroup bias... Perhaps the literary aspect of psychology shouldn't attract me so much- it makes me take ages to read a chapter because I keep looking at the margins with these things. And they ARE cool when you relate it to the topic... Oh all right, I am an unjustifiable nerd... =)
"If the Tiber reaches the walls, if the Nile does not rise to the fields, if the sky doesn't move or the earth does, if there is famine, if there is plague, the cry is at once, 'The Christians to the lion!'"
-Tertullian, Apologeticus, A.D 197
And if that isn't ancient, I don't know what is, really. I've found Gore Vidal's books in both libraries I have frequent access to, but he's got so many books! I decided to try the collected essays, numbered 814.5 in Curtin. I should be able to grab a copy on tuesday. Hmm, which reminds me. I should look up 'The Teacher's Handpook' by peter pook and see if they have that in the lib. Slim chance, but worth a shot?
Anyways, I really should get going... Such a sdren.
Jaa~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home