Thursday, May 24, 2007

Satisfaction.


I was standing in Yee Seng, one of the few places where comfort food is available (unlike Singapore, where everything you eat IS comfort food) when a gentle breeze blew in and I suddenly felt as if I was home. It was a nice kind of feeling- I don't feel at home in my own home at all. It's simply too new and I haven't lived here long enough to love everything about this place.


Strangely, when I looked in the mirror this morning, I sort of balked at the sight, as if I was unused to seeing myself. I got the feeling that what I was looking at was a shell, and if I wanted to look at anything with certainty, the silvered glass certainly would be of little help. For the first time ever, I felt as if it was true- my physicality and my personality were two different things- one didn't make the other and they were not correlated. It was an interesting sort of discovery.


As usual, I'm tired. I woke up and after sending off a couple of things online, I went skating with Lydia. It was a good skate, and my legs are tired. I guess going to the gym yesterday also contributed to that. On the bright side I shaved off a couple of minutes compared to 2 weeks ago. I may be slow and not know much about being on ice, but I'm happy. =) Paced improvement is enjoyable- more enjoyable than forced improvement.


I'm going to look at Rachel's competition entry now. (Woman, why didn't you warn me about the MA+18 BEFORE I read it?) Haha. I don't know when I am going to see you again!!!!


Twin and I did some PI work yesterday. Hehe. That to come soon in a later post.


Aspiration, or Aspiration. One allows you to soar in your mind while the other is a choking near-death experience. The difference is not in the spelling, but in the surrendering of dreams to it's molder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home