Thursday, November 29, 2007

Praise the Lord
O my soul
And forget not all His benefits.


By Your wounds we are healed,
Tell me, what kind of love is this?
When the expectations are too great
And the bar gets raised too high
I strain to see how high I can
Stand on these toes
Dreams shatter and gather like waves
Thank You even then.
So I put aside the masquerade and admit
that I am not ok.
Thank You Jesus,
Even when you see us just as we are,
Fragile, frail and so far from
What we want to be.


Still I call You by name.
Elbow Healer, Superhero
Come if You can,
And You said, I Am.
And when I was weak, unable to speak
Still I could call You by name
And I said Heartache Healer, Secret Keeper
Be my best friend
And you said, I Am
And when I am weak, unable to speak
Still I will call You by name
Shepherd, Savior, Pasture Maker
Hold onto my hand
You say, I Am
I will be weak, unable to speak
Still I will call You by name
Creator, Maker, Life Sustainer
Comforter, Healer, my Redeemer
Lord and King, Beginning and the End


Who You are to me, dear Lion,
Who You are. I AM.
I trust You.
Rescue me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home