Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Walking Straight
I contemplated a glass of port. Then remembered the chores... Then again, I've never been drunk...

Daddy came home late today, but he was so happy about dinner and I was so happy to see him. We sat outside under the stars for a while.. he with his guitar.. I with my flute. [Longer than there've been fishes in the ocean... I've been in love with you..] or so the song says but I hear God saying it instead.

I'm whimsical and yet not whimsical. I wish I was either, it's easier to write that way.. it's like two sides of you show and struggle to take power. Co-dominance, this is.

The events of the day were... unspecial? I stepped not past the threshold of my home.

I talked to Joshie in the morning...=) hahas. I woke up when I got his message, actually...

Being in Perth is good. I feel like a housewife. If i eat another meal of my own cooking, I may not live to see another day. Someone save me from my own cooking! PlEaSeee.. not to mention save daddy too... hahaha. Mum is happy with the arrangement, though.

Toasters. Toasters are good. They are simple appliances that require little understanding apart from turning the dial. I remember in my greedy childhood (or rather, daddy dearest reminded me ever so severely) the day i toasted hash browns in the toaster... and insisted on having them a la cheese. Having secured the prized cheese in the right portion, I then proceeded to do something very dumb. I threw (yes, THREW) them into the toaster, and aimed for the hash browns, sorely missing the mark to have them land on the heating element. Fantastic! I started to laugh, then to guffaw, and as I was haw-hawing my guts out, Daddy came over and tried to be very stern about the whole misdemeanour. Failing utterly, he proceeded to rescue the dead cheese and restore the heating element to it's former glory, all the while very bewildered and asking, "what in the world are you laughing at?" All I could say between gulps of air was, "Cheese in the toaster." Mum was out and I think she was glad that she wasn't present when my misconduct was related to her... I don't know why I laughed at all... but it WAS funny when it happened... oh well, nothing worse than crashing a car at 3 and 5, eh, my court jester? The bells on your hat testify a postive response. =)

It's getting late.. maybe I'll take a drive with pops. mMmm... Jaa.

Oyasumi!

+`[God's last name is NOT dammit]`+

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home