Friday, February 11, 2005

*-[Green Tea Leaves]`+
I wondered for a foolish moment
if there were such things as green tea leaves.
Or Just tea leaves, made green.
So that they can be labelled so.
Aren't they all green?
Okae, let's not go there.
I see the bimbo coming out.

There are, on the other hand,
other slightly less bimbotic things.
Note slightly. *grins*
For example, the discussion on whether it would be
Cheaper to buy chocolate milk
or buy cadbury cocoa and make it yourself.
With LOW FAT milk. =)

I was productive in the area of walking today.
First to Koorong, then to freemantle.
Koorong is just the best!
I was tempted to buy the WHOLE bookstore.
And Switchfoot was on offer. =)
Jester?
I was so tempted to buy everything from bookmarks
to CDs
to T-shirts
to books. for what does a bookstore carry in huge amounts?
Books. =)
I could go on forever but I shan't bore you.

I met a girl called Emma, from south carolina.
She's doing a sem of uni here in Perth.
And I saw in her the initial uneasiness of this country
reflected in the dark poster of the bus stop
as the sun shone glaringly upon it
almost menacingly.
The quietness. The shops and the buses.
The fish and chips.
The missing friends.
The air that's calm. Dead calm.
But I felt no sympathy for her
She was so strong.
She will be just fine.
She'll make friends.
She'll love life.
She'll talk and laugh and have fun.
I may never see her again.
And even if I don't,
I hope she has as many friends as a girl can have.
I hope she'll life like a girl should.
And have as much fun as a girl can.
It's been a pleasure to meet Emma.

The second hand bookstore in freemantle is rustic.
It's just plain beautiful.
The wrinkled old lady whose soul shines through as young.
Her love of books,
her accounts, her pen and her lamps.
The fabric bound books.
'Rudyard Kipling, Jungle book'
Engraved into fabric.
Or Shakespeare's faded face on 'Twelfth night'
I wonder how he'd feel were he alive?
This same portrait of him
plastered on simply EVERY book of his.
Well, there are plenty of books that have his face on it too
Even though they aren't written by him.
I wonder if that was his worst picture?
How would you feel if people plastered your face all over books after you died
and they used your WORST picture.
Then again, I suppose people back then drew better than we draw today.
And he probably wasn't photogenic anyway.
The invention of the camera probably wasn't much of a loss to him.
Sorry Billy.
I still think you're a genius anyhow. =)

Listening to Psalm 13 by Shane Barnard.
It so rawks.
ThAnkEw Jester.

Digressing to Koorong
Cos I can't help it.
I wanted to get the Mary Mary Cd.
Or the Rebecca St. James.
Revolve is now at an all time wonderful price of $16.95
And there are NEW vegetales.
Go Larry! I love you! haha.
And Larry T shirts.
Ooooh. Cucumber...
And Max Lucado books.
And a 15% discount!
Because mummy is a Tabor Student.
ehehe. *rubs hands together*

Well, I shall retire now.
To my tortoise shell.
Green with patterns
Should I paint it?
Flower power?
Or rustic red?
forgive the lameness.

HAPPY
CHINESE
NEW
YEAR!!

Jon I still want ang bao from you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home