Saturday, August 25, 2007

CHINESE RESTAURANTS

Mama and Papa and I went to Chin's tonight for dinner and I have to say it is the best I have had in a while. I really miss it- the family and the food! And strangely, I miss working in a chinese restaurant. I miss seeing the Australians eat fried rice as a main dish, serving up the traditional fried ice cream, and giving customers That look. And the yelling from the kitchen. I thought of Daisy. I really miss Daisy- she made my job so much more fun. And I remember how we used to check out boys from my college when they came in for meals, and how I told her Grant was really cute, and how he came in once and I really never forgot that meal or wanted to. (I got sad about Grant when I read my 2005 entry. Accidentally clicked lah. Wonder how Emily is in Japan...)

I also considered a number of other random things. Like about my parents and how i will never know how it feel like to be them until much later. Or why Gill and I find ourselves thinking too much, and how Su Re professes to be an overanalyser. Why have we turned on ourselves and each other with this spilling suspicion, mostly about men, and we have rancid questions about why they can be no simpler than they used to be back in the 80s when people married for love and married for life. Prenups, schpenup.

Have you ever thought about the word 'accost'. To be accosted. Fundamentally, to be assaulted, but more so, to have something COST you. like health, psychological functionality, material goods. An ear? Van Gogh accosted himself? Accost. The word is so much more fundamental than we think?

Not the brightest crayon in the box.
Not the sharpest tool in the shed.
Not the biggest ball in that ball dispenser thing outside the korean shop?
Denice is such a mennis!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home