Sunday, October 03, 2004

Dearie,

I love to listen to Nichole Nordeman. Because I think of you. And I remember the dance. I remember honeypot. I remember the earrings your uncle gave you, the dreamcatcher at your window, the clock you made in sec 2 on your mantle, the big duck we gave you, the many toys dangling their feet from the shelf. The wavy mirror, your color co-ordinated wardrobe, woodpecker pink thing...

It hurts to remember your house, chocobo, the piano, getting water from your kitchen, washing feet, swimming, opening the fridge, staying overnight (forgot my toothbrush *blush*) sushi at 9 pm, bubble tea, black slippers, bread for dinner.. eating so little at kenny rogers, having burger king and always getting vouchers for it. Your sisters, your mom and dad.. your chinese new year clothes...

Cheesecake at BK, fries, and my diet! When you guys were eating fries, there I was with my silly peas... and it was so sad.. but I'm fat, what to do...

I'll never forget... the feeling...when I could just tell you secrets so blatantly... who was Mr. cute, Mr. Sweet. (remembering that these were named courtesy of you) err... who was it that I fell so madly in love with? You were there to see me through it.. to tell me it's okae, to be happy on prom night... you were waiting there in your white ball gown... with your hair so nice. Pulled up in a bun.. I still have the photos... and when we shouted "we object" to ZX walking up in stage...

Or at camp when we dressed the same. how we have the same shirt, and tried to wear it together. I'll bring it back so we can wear it okae? Or how you danced to 'why' at camp... and how n***** was cute but u didn wanna admit.. and how e**** was flirting with you.. we used to hang at the games room for that! Girl, I miss worshiping together in church with you.. don't you know there's a spirit of unity that we all had.. I felt so comfortable with you all.. and we would jump in unison. and we did actions for the songs.. oh girl, what wouldn't I give for another sunday with you, going to TM after church (and it being open. shops are closed on sun here...) what did we do? Lunch.. junk.. shop.. oh girl, I miss you so bad, I really do...

Oh you darling.. you irreplacable darling! I cried when i read your blog, know... I don't know how I ever let you go! But God is doing such a work in all of our lives I know that this separation has a purpose. And I feel that now we know the true strength of our friendship because it's being tested. Oh, I really want to come back and just be with you... I have come to treasure you so much more. Perhaps it really is true that absence makes the heart grow fonder. Because I now know and treasure what you have that others don't.. and I can now appreciate it much better.

It's funny. I never told you enough when you were around how much you meant to me. But girl, I just wanna say that I love you from the bottom of my heart. I couldn't say it then cos I didn't know if it was true, but now I know that it is.

[look there below see the child, trembling by her father's side... now I can tell you why, she is why you must die. -why, by Nichole Nordeman]

Things have changed.. and sometimes change hurts, but I take comfort in our father who's given you to me.

But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Phil 3: 13-14

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home