Sunday, April 24, 2005

*-[ More Than Family]`+

I went for Melisa's birthday yesterday and meeting people I haven't seen since last year has had a serious impact on me in that I finally turned around and saw a part of my life gone that I would never get back. Well, I didn't reflect upon it intentionally, but it just "reflected" itself. And I'm so glad that I am where I am today, because of God's grace and because of the people he's sent and the circumstances he has allowed.


There's a very narrow difference between the past and present and yet I seem to be on the other extreme of life all of a sudden. From a freaked out, fearful teenager to whom the world was a great big mess, I've come to a very calm place.. And I can finally sit back, relax and enjoy the journey God's planned for me. I once thought that I would never be as comfortable in Perth as I was in Singapore, reasoning out that the familiar feeling I craved for was accumulated over 16 years, but I was wrong. It's not been much more than a year, and I've found a different way of being comfortable in a world i don't belong to. I've been given a joy and a peace that just has no explanation or description.. I don't deserve it but I really think God has been so gracious to me- He's more than family.. It's because of Him I don't have to struggle about friendships, about being so distant from the ones I love... He gave me a peace that made me want to cry and laugh all at once, I was so relieved to have him pick me up and just love me


I still miss every one of you lovely peeps so very much, but I'm also learning to live relying on JC more than anything else... And the feeling is very liberating. =)


Don't think I'll ever want to relive the first few months of 2004, much less the scars that came with it, but I must say, I'm glad that things are calmer now, that people are older... I don't even want to think about the first few months of 2004 ever again! I'm just glad it's over over over. *shudders* that was pure chaos.


Aniwaes, I've got a week break now and I think I'll just be guai and study hard. The July holidays- I'll spend a few days crying for a ticket back to Singapore... haha, but I guess December is better than no trip at all. =)


[The ride of my life]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home