Sunday, June 19, 2005

Excuse me while I turn myself inside out.


As a happy celebration to a wonderful event (the finishing of exams) I decided to turn my biological functions inside out. I had a chocolate biscuit before dinner! I slept late! I woke up so early the next day and best of all, today I slept at 3 pm! I've just woken up and finished eating dinner... Siiigh.. I'm contented.. nothing to study for till August! AaaaaAah... nicenice.. I wish I could say I'm free and happy and slacking but I'm not... I'm so packed next week it's not funny. Oh yes, and i'm finally listening to 'fallen' by Mya.. thanks to Marky, who will have the answer to anything computer/guitar/camera related.


*-[17th June 2005]`+
Friday was dearest papa's birthday, and we deigned to celebrate at Auntie Jean's. The best surprise of all (to me, at least) was the mist and fog that I drove home in. It was almost relaxing to sit there and navigate home. I convinced the birthday boy to take me for a walk in the fog filled field and after some persuasion (and head shaking from mom) I got the go- ahead. We tottered off in the cold, playing with the mist made from breathing out.


I felt so safe and protected in that near pitch-darkness. Except for the car lights that went by every few seconds, and the intermittent lights near the field, it was desperately dark and I couldn't see what I was walking on.. A sudden feeling of 'what if-' and God intervened.. He told me who I was, how He was my protector, how He would take perfect care of me if only I trusted in his perfect love. And I felt so safe on that soggy walk.


Me and Daddie got to the field, he dressed in black with a black beanie, and I running around in the mist. [what's that law about not dressing the dress of a cat burgler??] I jumped a little, feeling cold and realised I couldn't see past much of 2 metres. Daddy was standing some distance away and his silhouette was all I could make out. I pretended for one dreadful moment that I didn't know he was my Dad... and the shiver of who he could be in that black night made me tingle. He called out, and we began the trot back. I could tell that we had gotten cold because when we breathed out it wasn't foggy anymore.


But I won't forget that in a hurry. I loved the mist and fog. The enigma and shrouded mystery... and of course, Happy Birthday dearest Papa, you will always be my best and favourite.


[The picture wouldn't be the same if you weren't standing next to me]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home