Monday, June 20, 2005

To my Darling, who is in my heart and on my mind.


I fell asleep from three till nine
and so i did forget to dine.
Slept not a wink from two till five
though thoroughly I truly strived.
And on my mind at this strange time
was nothing but a funny rhyme.
My thoughts kept leading me to you
and so I write this as it's due
a thought captured for darling, you.

In life things seem to come and go
and sometimes they just don't flow.
The boat we sit in suffers storm
and in summer gets too warm.
And all these things may get you down
In sight there may be nary a town.
But tell you what my dearie duck
I'm sailing next to you with pluck.
We'll tie our boats with ribbon and STRING
so they don't move and rock and swing.
We'll feast and yell, go swimming and hunt
we won't go hungry or have to grunt.
And who knows? One day you'll see
A furry pink boat in sight of thee.
another deer come to join the fun
bear your burdens and bring the sun.
You'll never have to sail alone
in foggy rains and cyclones.

As I lie in darkness here
my thoughts fade back to yesteryear.
my dear's been strong, she's always been strong
we'll brave it through and sing a song.

In my prayers you always are
I know that I am not too far
to have an answer to a prayer
even though I am not there.
God is good at miracles
He doesn't run in big circles.
I know he's heard your prayer and mine
I pray so hard that you'll be fine.
I love you so much, darling dear
I wish that I could be 'more near'.
And though my grammer is atrocious
that is really not the focus.

It is early, it is six
and I think I need to fix
the housework that seems to call
from not to far beyond the hall.
(actually it is mumsie mum
she's complaining I'm a bum).
But right after I finish there
I'll grab my sailboat and swimwear.
Watch for me, I'll be in sight
waving and yelling with all my might.
I'll bring the STRING, you bring the choc
And together we will rock
gently slowly in the waves
and for nothing we will crave.

My dearie darling... let's go swimming.

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."- Isaiah 40:28-31


.:[MuAcKkS]:.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home