Wednesday, September 28, 2005

[Blood Sport]


I didn't understand why the book was called blood sport, not until it finally hit me this morning that what they were on about was thoroughbreds and that the BLOODline and the racing SPORT was what they were talking about. A loud OoOoOOorrrrhh emerged from the kitchen as I washed the dishes. I like british writers.. they're so smart. =) (wait, maybe I'm the blur one. ahaha.)


"I suppose," I said idly, "You didn't happen to take a photograph up there by the weir? You didn't happen to get a shot of the people in the punt?"
He shook his head, blinking like his father.
"Gosh, no, I didn't. I don't suppose actually I would have thought of taking one, not when everything was happening, do you think? I mean, it would have looked a bit off if you and Mr. Teller had been drowning and I was just standing there taking pictures and so on."
"You'll never be a newspaperman, " I said, grinning at him.
"Wouldn't you have minded, then?"
"I don't think so."
"But, anyway, "he said mournfully, "I couldn't, you see, because I finished the film at lunchtime and I didn't have another one, so even if there had been a fire or somethingI couldn't have taken it." He looked at his camera thoughtfully. "I won't finish up anymore films in the middle of the day, just in case."
"A fire," I agreed seriously, "would anyway make a much better picture than just people drowning, which they mostly do out of sight."
Peter nodded, considering me. "You know, you're quite sensible, aren't you?"
"Peter!" Exclaimed his mother in unnecessary apology. "That's not the way to talk." And she wasn't much pleased when I said as far as I was concerned he could say what he liked.


[a thing for color]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home