Saturday, May 21, 2005

The Land of Broken Dreams
Lies in the mist of time.
You never know when you'll see
it's dismal shores in sight.
The grey sands sigh
and the parched trees mourn.
The broken jars
The shattered glass
The things they used to hold.


I pressed upon the darkish sand
And landed thus ashore.
I laid my trinkets gently down
and shed my share of tears.
These dreams I never knew existed
These dreams I never wanted
I laid them down
I knew their fate
and I slowly walked away.


Fantasy, reality, I tried to mix them both
Resulting in a murky mess
I try to treasure both.
Some days I pretend that I am 3.
Sometimes I think you're near to me.
But my eyes spring open, you dissapear.
fooled myself a hope so dear.


You're growing up and so am I
You'll change so much
and so will I
Wish I could watch you change with time
Not seeing you is such a crime.
My dreams are just a fantasy
My chocolate room;
Penthouse for 3.


What happens to my bubble now
make a fuss and start a row.
Will i wake to find you dancing?
in the living room just prancing?
Will I see you in a suit?
Tight skirt and business boots?
Will us three have time for food
just us, just three, just loving the mood.


I know I sound so selfish.
I know I am a child.
I know it's wrong to ask so much
I know I'm not being fair.


That's why I took my boat and sailed
crying half the way
to try and break my selfish dream
and render it to no care.
But as time passes I know the truth
that this dream lives in me
I cannot break it totally
so I rest it on the sand.


Au Revoir are but sad words with hope.
Don't fossilize my memories
Don't steal from me my pride and joy
Give me back in life and breath
the pictures we painted so long ago.
I can't walk along these foreign shores
Can't conceal the tears tonight
Can't let go of something so precious
when it's so far away.


Land of broken dreams
Grey sand and dismal shores
take care of my dream
don't let it fade
my trinkets mean so much.
One day I'll understand
One day I'll come back to reminisce
with no bitter cup to taste.
till then,
Au Revoir.


Babes, don't take me too seriously here, but I guess it's true that I still miss ya both like crazy la... hurhurr. Take Care of yourselves okae.. I Love you two heaps!!! *muacks*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home