Sunday, May 22, 2005

Today I woke at nine oh two
clothes to wear and hair to do.
And though I moved so swiftly quick
My heart inside I knew was sick.


And as the lonely day wore on
My heart began to weigh a tonne.
My countenance neigh did betray
A soul so full of rot and fray.


I cannot tell of my disease
Although this is what I please.
I know not what I suffer from
No one can shield me from the storm.


Rocking in this lonely boat
In the rain without a coat.
I stay because I cannot move
Stuck here in this sandy groove.


I'm sure you know this sand so well
From the Island of Broken Dreams dwells.
I see my trinkets in the sand
I cannot bear to leave this land.


But people will not comprehend
people judge and prod and tend
to tell me where I cannot go
Although my heart has long been sold.


Grudge me not this one boon now
Call me not a childish cow
Give me time to settle down
In this somewhat greying town.



Owari. It's hard to say what I mean when I'm trying to rhyme. Cow was rather out of hand. But then again, I'm really struggling with this Perth thing... and people think I should just snap out of it which I should but then again, easier said than done. Oyasumi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home