Wednesday, July 21, 2004

WhOo Hoo!! Congrats to this blog on it's 70th post! *throws confetti* Does that mean it's old now? Heyhey, this rich text format just appeared to answer my previous post's rantings on colour changes. Cool, hey?? Now i can do it easy as anything!

Back from camp... I had a horribly tiring day yesterday trying to reset my body clock and my food intake clock. (what rubbish, hey?) yes yes yes... guilty of eating junk food and chocolates and everything that's bad for me. *hangs head in shame*

Got a nice injury on my little finger... (hmph, just cos it's small doesn't mean it should be bullied.) Now my fourth finger is taking care of it in the buddy system way.. it acts like the support for the little one. (aww.... so schweet.)

Shuling!! Hahahas, I read your blog and it was the funniest thing ever! what old man and rings and other things. And 3d loser hands, hey? I dun think Alex Flemming (our "good friend") would be very happy to hear u make fun of his left hand rule for electromagnetic induction.

Rachel, your theory on vitamin C genes is just as hilarious!!! hahaha... ehh, woman, that shot for "off-limits" genes was SO aimed at me girl. Yeah, farnie. but I still have that gene and it's working pretty well...*sticks out tongue*

Now... how shall i begin to describe camp??? In numbers, I suppose. I gained 700g from all the choc and junk food. ahahas. a lot, horr. *winkz*

okae okae, apart from the food (which was realli good), it was a camp where I basically gained a lot a lot a lot in terms of spiritual experience. The first 2 sessions (there were 4) I was just sitting there.. and listening.. and nothing else... and to tell the truth I was feeling pretty crappy. by the end of the night games and I thought my will was gonna break... I felt like going for camp was a total and complete waste and if God wanted me here (as I thought he did) it would be a realli nice time for him to tell me why now. Of course, God never does things according to man's will, and I never truly found out why I went to camp althou other sundry reasons did surface.

All I know is that I ended up in the centre of the carpark under the countless stars on the phone with Jon. -_-" So so so sorry to have disturbed him at unearthly hours, but... thanks aniwaes for the immense support and encouragement. (althou I dun think he'll ever see this.)

I think the thing that was most important to me that night was to learn to sacrifice praise. To thank God in the midst of it all, in the middle of being in a place where I didn't know what was happening, and didn't like what was happening... and it worked! It's not about changing the circumstances, cos that's not possible. It's about changing your attitude. Yes, yes, yes. It has everything to do with attitude and nothing to do with whining. (I did a lot of it, though, that night)

It made a big difference the next day, cos when I woke up I had a song in my head that just ran thru all day.. and people didn't change, circumstance didn't change, but I was okae with the way things were after that, and I wasn't upset that people weren't any nicer. heh~ okae... maybe they weren't so huffy and cold, but that could have something to do with the fact that I stopped talking so much to them. (-_-" theory of relativity)

THEN, THEN, things began to happen. The third session, God really came and swept the place, and both Cherry and Mark received the baptism of the Holy Spirit! Thank God!!!! (Since he's reading this, I may as well thank Him here. hehe~) I really gained a lot from that cos it was my first time praying for someone else in this way... and all the gifts that God had given me that i had put aside this year for lack of place to use them, and fear of asking to be let in to use them just came back and I remembered where I was before.. and it was so good to use those gifts for God again.

Here's hoping he will expand me even more than he already has (and it's been painful). I feel like the camp's been really worthwhile! And I feel like I've been tried and tested in some ways.. and I HAVE learnt heaps because of the bad experiences...

Okae, I realise this mostly sounds incoherent, but when I look back on this post in the archives, I'll understand perfectly... so it's a pretty selfish post, hey? But... hehe~ I do need to record stuff somewhere and with a injured finger this is the perfect place.

So... while feeling slightly bad about the incoherency and still laughing over sundry funny posts (some aimed at me, some not) I shall leave it at this till a later date.

Love y'all!
-Smilez-
*trying to stop craving Chocolate*

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home